Saturday, November 30, 2013

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

There is just something about Christmas time that makes me feel warm and happy inside.  It, of course, helps when I am in Pennsylvania with my family.  We always get ready for Christmas the beginning of December and would probably start earlier if the men in our family would allow it.  Since I was little, it has been tradition for us to get the tree together.  As we have moved out and started our own families, my parents still wait till most of us are home to pick out the prized tree of the year.

Before...


After...


This year many of us were home for Thanksgiving, which provided the perfect opportunity to begin our Christmas festivities.  As if getting the tree and decorating isn't enough, we also took a day to make tons of yummy cookies.




This is a wonderful way to spend time with family and bake yummy goodness to share with others.  I don't know a better way to bring together generations and share memories that will last a lifetime.

What is your favorite tradition when preparing for the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment