Friday, February 7, 2014

Florida Weekend

My mom and I traveled to Florida for the weekend to visit my brother.  It was not long enough, but it's amazing what a few days in flip flops and sunshine can do for your soul.  We spent time at Daytona Beach and Saint Augustine, ate lots of yummy food, and fought back tears when it was time to leave.  Here's a few of my favorites... 

Zeno's a Boardwalk Sweet Shop, Daytona Beach
I highly recommend the salt water taffy and vanilla fudge!

Lenny's New York Pizza Co., Ormond Beach
In a carb overload, we tried the most amazing garlic knots I have ever tasted and had sicilian pizza that was as close to New York as you could get.

Whetstone Chocolates, St Augustine
If you visit St Augustine you can tour the chocolate factory.  We opted out of the tour for time's sake, but did not pass the store without a few treats.  My brother had mint chocolate chip gelato and my mom and I shared a sampling of truffles, including an amazing milk chocolate champagne truffle that I can now only dream of. 

World Market, Daytona Beach

Daytona Beach



Baby Shep in St. Augustine

Thankful for the sunshine...dreading the 5 inches of snow that had piled up on the car while we were away.

No comments:

Post a Comment