Monday, October 6, 2014

5 Things I Could Not Live Without As A New Mom

When I was pregnant, I was positive that I could survive without all the stuff that often comes with babies.  I wanted to adopt a minimalist approach to parenthood and attempt to have a happy, healthy baby without all the extras.  Now, after three months, I think I have achieved that goal {I do not assume this lifestyle will continue, but for now it's lovely}.  

There are, however, five things that I use every day and cannot imagine life without.  And since recommendations from other moms were so helpful to me, I wanted to share my own.  


1. Aden and Anais Swaddle Plus
I knew a few people who swore by these blankets, but I did not think they were a necessity mostly due to price.  I was, however, gifted two packs at my baby shower and I can honestly say they are worth every penny!  They were the perfect swaddle blanket and now we use them as security blankets, stroller covers, nursing covers, a clean place to lay out in public and so much more.  When we wear them out (because I know we will), I will definitely buy more.

2. Sakura Bloom Ring Sling
Again, I never would have guessed how this baby carrier would change my life.  I was gifted one by my sister and use it daily for walks, nap time and just to get things done around the house.  This magical carrier promises a good nap and, in the first two months, instantly calmed an otherwise fussy baby.  This particular brand of ring sling is rather expensive but I know there are other brands out there, I just don't know how they compare in price.

3. Bumbo Seat
Recently we are started to use this seat all day.  My little one loves to sit up and see everything so it is perfect since she doesn't have the best head control yet and cannot sit up by herself.  Even though we will only use it for a short period of time, I am so thankful we have it now as she builds up those muscles.

4. Play Mat
My girl would rather lay on her play mat then ever be held.  She would play all day if we let her so this mat has saved a lot of tears.  I have also found it is perfect for company because people can easily interact with her even though she doesn't love to be held.

5. Sound Machine
The sound machine has created a peaceful place for sleep.  We all sleep better and longer with background noise.  This particular sound machine came from Bed Bath and Beyond and has five different sounds.  We typically use the ocean because it's calming to me and the variation helps baby to sleep through other noise, but the other sounds include white noise, a thunder storm and a stream.  It does not have a heartbeat option as many sound machines do, which is the only thing I would change about it.

What items have you come to love as a parent?




*i was not compensated for this review in any way and all ideas are based on my own opinion and experience

No comments:

Post a Comment