Monday, October 27, 2014

A Letter to Mommies Whose Babies are in Heaven

My dear mommy friend whose baby is waiting for you in Heaven,
You are on my heart this month and always.  I don't know what to say when I see you - not that there are any words - but I want you to know that your baby's life counted to me.  I am here to grieve with you, celebrate with you and just be with you if you'll let me.  I want you to know that I want to see pictures if you have them, hear your stories if you will share them and talk about how mommyhood has changed us {the good, the bad and the ugly}.  I know that regardless of whether or not you have babies here on earth to hold, there will always be part of your heart longing for the one(s) missing from your arms.  I may not understand that longing, but, if you'll let me, I will be with you through it.  Know that you are loved, your baby is remembered and your family is not forgotten. 


October is a month all about raising awareness.  Many know it is Breast Cancer awareness month, but did you know it is Pregnancy and Infant Loss awareness month as well?  This has been an area heavy on my heart as many of my family and friends have walked this dark path with little support or recognition of the loss they have experienced.  It is hard to find words to say when a parent loses a child, but that doesn't mean it should be ignored or that we shouldn't keep trying to love on these grieving parents {and siblings}.


No comments:

Post a Comment