Monday, March 2, 2015

Happy Child a Life Month!

March is Child Life Month!  We used to always laugh and say that the less you make = the longer you celebrate.  For example, doctors get a day, nurses have a week and child life gets a month!  But regardless of the dollars on my pay check or the fact that life looks a little different since deciding to be a stay-at-home mom, this profession has made me into a person I never knew I could be.

In honor of this month I want to share some stories from my work.  Some of them are professional mountains I had to climb, some are about patients and colleagues who have influenced me and some are just fond memories.  In order to maintain confidentiality, I will change names and will not give any identifying information.  It is not my place to tell someone's story - I can only share how they have changed my heart.

I hope you enjoy these stories and get a better understanding of the profession.
 
It all started in California, during H1N1.  I interned at U.C. Davis Medical Center where I learned from some child life power houses, had some great adventures and gained the confidence I needed to become successful.




Happy Child Life Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment