Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Dirty Little Secrets Of Parenthood

I love the idea of breastfeeding so much and I support women everyday who want to breastfeed or are struggling to breastfeed - I am a lactation consultant so naturally, my plan was to breastfeed at least a year.  When my baby came I hated every moment of it!  I would feel so much anxiety as it got close to time to feed and tense up when I was feeding. It was a terrible experience and I lasted 6 months only because I felt so much pressure to do so.  I am still a lactation consultant and I still believe in breastfeeding, but now I understand another side of it.
-mom an 11 year old

I hate pinterest because it makes me feel like there is always something better I could do and it's exhausting trying to keep up with that.
-mom of two, ages 5 and 3

All my ideas come from pinterest.  I don't know what I did before everything became pinteresting!
-mom of three, ages 8, 6 and 3

I am a graphic designer and my kids tell people I am lucky because I get to use fancy crayons and markers all day, but I won't bring them home to share.  I used to correct them (mostly out of pride), but now I just agree and every once in awhile I will stop at the store on my way home and buy some new art supplies for them to try.
-mom of three, ages 10, 9 and 5



No comments:

Post a Comment