Thursday, June 20, 2013

kinda sorta stay-cation

Our family beach trip is in Sandbridge this year.  Today was the first day I was able to join and it was perfect.  We had beautiful weather for laying out, warm water for dodging waves, and a cool evening for riding bike.  Jared decided we should take advantage of the weather and off we went...


We have wanted to do False Cape for quite some time, however, I did not do my research and I had no idea how long we would be riding. 


We finally found this sign and figured we had come this far so we might as well finish.  The trail was not awesome and parts were rather difficult to ride through because of the gravel/sand mixture.


But, eventually, we made it to our destination and it was completely worth it.


When the trail ends, we were on a beach with no people, no buildings, and no distrations as far as the eye can see.  It was beautiful and I could have easily spent the evening enjoying the scene with my hubs, if only I didn't have to ride back.

I would definitely do this trail again.  Next time I would want to start in the morning so we had time to relax on this beautifully hidden beach before riding back.

No comments:

Post a Comment