Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Playin' in the Sun

Our family vacation was peaceful, relaxing, and the perfect dose of crazy.  Since I have a big family, there is always something to do and someone to be with.  I love going to the beach because it is the perfect place to relax and play.  While I spent a lot of time floating in the ocean or snoozing in my beach chair with the waves crashing over my toes, I had plenty of time for adventure as well!


My mom is so wonderful and created welcome bags that were placed in each of our rooms full of things that would come in handy throughout the week!


We can't, nor will we ever, smile at the same time...someone always has to have a face and it's usually the one on the left.


Forever is not long enough with this sweet boy!  He was constantly making us laugh and has figured out exactly how to be the center of our attention.
 


My sisters and I always create friendship bracelets on our vacations.  It is a tradition that we have had since our first beach trip when I was in elementary school.  My mom probably started it because it would distract us for hours in the long car ride, but, almost 20 years later, we still end up with an arm full of bracelets by the end of the week.


This year my aunt and uncle came to stay for a few days and brought glass to create mosaics.


We went kayaking in the ocean and on the bay, which proved to be rather dangerous as the many bruises will show...we can't do anything half way.

Family vacations are the perfect opportunity to rest, relax, and reconnect.  As we get older, we spend less time playing together and {for some reason} focus more on work and grown-up things than enjoying each other.  A good vacation will create memories, a lot of laughter, and remind us of the precious things in life -- family.  What is your favorite vacation memory?

 

1 comment: