Thursday, June 13, 2013

Time to get messy!

You know those kids that have enough energy for an army?  They run and explore until they can't run and explore any longer!  And every experience is new and wonderful!  It's called being a toddler.  This is one of my favorite ages because of all the excitement and exploration.  This week, I have spent a lot of time playing with a little friend who is at this stage.  Yes I work in the PICU, yes he is to healthy to be there.....but that's a different issue and I don't mind, because I have been having so much fun.

One of the things I have learned from this little man is to chill out.  There will be spills, the playroom may look like a tornado went through it, loud toys are the best toys and things get sticky (I don't know how or why, but I know they do) and it's all ok.  I am so thankful that I have grown in this area and that I no longer cringe at a potential mess.     


This week we played ball a lot, raced cars and we even did some painting, which turned out to be a wonderful mess.  There's just something about walking in to work knowing that I am going to get a huge smile, a hug, and asked to "go play?"  Thank you child life for these opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment