Monday, November 24, 2014

The Other Woman

I recently found out about the other woman in my husband's life...he has been with her for about five months now and it seems like he is falling hard.  I don't understand because she is not his type at all, at least not what I know his type to be after eight years together.  She is moody, emotional and rarely seems available to him.  She is consumed and completely obsessed with her new job and can't seem to find anything else to talk about.  This new job takes so much of her time that she doesn't have much time to devote to herself {let alone to him} and she has gotten terribly comfortable in yoga pants and hoodies.  I mean come on lady, would it kill ya to put on a real outfit?  Or at least slap on some lip gloss? 

She seems like a hot mess and I really don't know what he sees in her.  Plus I don't know what's worse, seeing him so dedicated to this crazy or feeling like she is the complete opposite of me.  After eight years together, four of which we have been married, we have been through so much.  We have had our fair share of hard times, but so many more good times from college memories, football games, traveling, moving, buying our first house, and so many adventures.  To go from a spontaneous, fun woman who was ready for anything to this structured, {a little bit} neurotic woman must not have been easy and seems like a real bummer.  I don't know why he would want to do that but, the truth is, I am so glad he did! 

I am not the same woman I was the day we got married and I am definitely not the same woman I was before I became a mom, but my husband has been amazing through all the changes.  He is dedicated to me and our family and he says he loves this new woman even more!  We are both different people since we became parents and, while I may miss the old me once in awhile, the truth is this new woman is pretty amazing and I am actually starting to really like her.



No comments:

Post a Comment