Monday, February 16, 2015

Oh Valentines Day

This year I had wonderful plans of creating a special day full of cheesy Valentines themed junk.  We had festive clothes, little gifts, and the hope of yummy food throughout the day.  My husband worked nights this week so the girls woke up Saturday morning and let him sleep in.  As I started thinking about brunch, our little one decided she was ready for a nap, but she just wouldn't settle.  I tried everything (for two hours), but she continued to scream.  Finally, I was at the end of my rope so I threw my plans out the window and we got in the car to go for a drive.

Within minutes she was fast asleep and I could take a deep breath and enjoy the drive.  I stopped for some heart shaped donuts and got home just seconds after my brother and his friend pulled in and just as the babe was waking up.  Instead of breakfast in bed, my husband got an extra 30 minutes of sleep and a yummy donut AND our visitors made our day!  Plans didn't work out as hoped, but guess what.....everyone was ok.

The next day I tried again and had much more success!  We had a great day relaxing, made our guy breakfast in bed, ate lots of chocolate and took too many pictures.




Valentine's Day is about showing love to the ones who matter most and, when I take a step back and look with fresh eyes, I can see that goal was achieved without any extra fluff.  So I guess spreading it out all weekend was just an added bonus.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment